One Thing Highly Effective People Do Not Do...



I had a boss one time...(that was my first mistake...;) ) She had to be the most-inept person on this planet...but that didnt' actually hurt anything it made me very powerful. ;) Well, one day I want in her office and she was reclining...pretty much like the woman in the graphic. Well, except the woman in the graphic probably did some work in the past decade.
On her desk was a book...."The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People," by Stephen R. Covey. Now I am not saying that this isn't a fine book...in fact it is quite good...in fact, it wouldn't hurt to read it.
Being the type who notices things, I noticed the book on her desk and said, "no highly-effective person on earth has that book on their desk...the minute someone sees it they think you are inept and need help, which hardly makes you more effective." (You can see how much power I had siphoned at this point due to her ineptness that I got away with saying stuff like that). So I guess my point is:...self-help books are great, but to be read in private. And also don't be weak or seen as weak because that makes you a target for people to steal your power.;)

Recent Posts