My next-door neighbor finally moved out...I was not sorry to see him go. He left his yard in a total mess and pretty much crapped on the neighborhood as he left. That didn't surprise me because he pretty much did that all they way through life...well as long as I knew him anyway.
It occured to me that how you leave is often as important as how you arrive and how you behave while you are there. First impressions are important, but last impressions are perhaps the most memorable.
It also reminded me about my earlier post on proximity and friendship...although this guy was no friend of mine. Now that he is gone and the house if vacant he no longer seems to exist in the universe...not my universe anyway.
I guess my point is, people come and go in our lives. If someone bothers you just let it go...their opinion means naught...they are only passing through.
E-mail: the_clever_cynic@yahoo.com


Recent Posts