The Clever Cynic: On the Value of Education in General



I recently saw an internet ad advertising that the reader can earn a BS degree on-line in less than a year. I find this a little scary. I like to feel that people in certain fields have at least a minimum of training before they practice thier trade.

I would hate to think that the doctor about to probe my innards had obtained his degree on-line. I would also like to think that my lawyer or accountant actually had some knowledge to back up their title.

This whole on-line degree onslaught has cheapened the value of education to the point where a degree is virtually meaningless. The only degrees that will be of value will be certifications that can not be obtained quick and dirty on the internet.

--The Clever Cynic, http://theclevercynic.blogspot.com/
E-mail: the_clever_cynic@yahoo.com

Recent Posts